- Contract Ceiling: $10 Billion
- Base Period : 5 Years
- Option Period: 5 Years
8(a) STARS II is a 8(a) SDB small business set-aside GSA Government Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC). The duration and the ceiling on the contract allows for long term planning for large scale programs while allowing Federal Government agencies to meet their 8(a) Small Business Goals.
Government Contracting Officers need to go through a training organized by the GSA STARS II contracting office to get delegation of procurement authority (DPA) enabling them to issue task orders under this GWAC. Once the DPA is granted, the Procuring Contracting Officer will be able to monitor and control the task order performance.
- Low Contract Access Fee (CAF)
CAF is 0.75% built into the pre-negotiated rate structure with the industry partner.
- Directed Task Orders
Ability to direct task orders non-competitively with a task order value up to $4 Million dollars.
- Competitive Task Orders
Task Orders over $4 Million can be competed with industry partners that have pre-negotiated competitive rates with the GSA.
The Procuring Contracting Officer has the flexibility to issue various type of Task Orders under this GWAC:
- Fixed Firm Price
- Time and Material
- Labor Hour
- Blend of the above three
PiTech’s Contract Number: GS-06F-1245Z
Base Period of Performance: August 31, 2011 to August 31, 2016
Option Period of Performance: August 31, 2016 to August 31, 2021
Functional Areas/NAICS Codes
The scope of the 8(a) STARS II GWAC is centered on four functional areas (FAs), derived from the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS).
FA1 (NAICS 541511 – (Custom Computer Programming Services)
Industry Partners for contracts in writing, modifying, testing, and supporting customized software.
- Applications software programming services
- Computer program of software development
- Computer programming services
- Computer software support services
- Database design and generation
- Legacy interfaces and data migration
- Software analysis and design
- Software programming
- Software testing
- Web design
FA2 (NAICS 541512 – (Computer Systems Design Services)
For contracts involving planning and designing computer systems that integrate computer hardware, software, and communication technologies. The hardware and software components of the system may be provided by the industry partners as part of integrated services or may be provided by third parties. These industry partners often install the system and train and support system users.
- Business process reengineering (BPR)
- Computer-aided design (CAD) services
- Computer-aided engineering (CAE) services
- Computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) services
- Computer hardware consulting services
- Computer software consulting services
- Computer systems integration analysis and design
- Computer systems integration design and consulting
- Configuration management
- Enterprise architecture development
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- IT capital planning management
- Local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) design
- Network design and installation
- Network systems integration
- Systems analysis
- Systems integration
- VoIP design
FA3 (NAICS 541513 – (Computer Facilities Management Services)
Industry partners in this functional area are primarily engaged in providing onsite management and operation of clients’ computer systems and/or data processing facilities, including providing computer systems or data processing support services.
- Computer operations/support
- Computer systems facilities services
- Data processing facilities services
- End user support
- Equipment inventory and maintenance
- Hardware and software maintenance
- Help desk
- IT facilities management, operation, and support
- IT facilities planning
- Network management
FA4 (NAICS 541519 – (Other Computer Related Services)
Industry partners in this functional area are primarily engaged in providing computer related services, except for custom programming, systems integration design, and facilities management services. This area includes industry partners providing computer disaster recovery services or software installation services.
- Computer disaster recovery
- Contingency planning
- Disaster preparedness/recovery
- Information assurance and security
- Independent verification and validation
- Software installation
- Virus detection/recovery